Snugpak Scorpion 2 Tent - SSI
The Snugpak Scorpion 2 is a stalwart two-person base camp and expedition tent, when a semi-permanent camp is required. The Scorpion design is a ‘Fly-first’ pitch tent that allows quick and easy set-up using an opposing pole design, protecting you all year round from severe weather, and can be pitched in difficult and remote areas. A tried and tested favorite of mountaineers, climbers and campers, the Scorpion 2 has an impressive floor space, creating ample room for two people in a top-toe sleeping arrangement also incorporates an ample front porch for storing equipment. In an emergency the Scorpion 2 can accommodate six people sitting.
This angled-profile, easily pitched tent packs well, and uses tried and tested DAC® Aluminium Poles to keep trail weight to a minimum, so it doesn't take up valuable space in your pack. For fast and light ventures, the tent design allows the components to be split between individuals. Ideal for four season, base camping & expedition use.
A spacious two-person tent, the Scorpion 2 will shelter you from the worst four-season weather, with an impressive 5000mm Hydrostatic Head PU Coated Fly sheet, with taped seams and a No-See-Um Mesh Mosquito Net, to keep out the bugs in summer months and warmer climates. For expeditions and base camping, the Scorpion design is the perfect green, allowing you to fly-pitch your tent with minimal environmental impact to the surrounding areas, using an opposing pole system to form a spacious base-tent that keeps condensation build up to a minimum with multiple ventilation channels.
When ventures and expeditions last more than a few days, and with more people joining you, or if a semi-permanent camp is required, the Scorpion 2 has ten internal pockets for safe storage of everyday items, allowing equipment to be at hand at the end of a long day, or over-night when creature comforts can be unpacked. The design also incorporates a hanging loop for lights and accessories once you have settled for the night.
- Green Outer and Black Mesh Inner, Perfect for Base Camping Ventures & Expeditions
- Single-point Front Entry with ample porch
- Multiple Ventilation Channels
- Flysheet: lightweight 210t Ripstop Flysheet with 5000mm Waterproof PU Coating
- Groundsheet: lightweight 190t Nylon 5000mm Waterproof PU, Bathtub Style
- Inner Tent: lightweight 190t Polyester Mesh with 50D No-See-Um-Mesh Mosquito Net
- Waterproof Taped Seams
- Ten Mesh Internal Pockets for equipment and head-end hanging loop (Five on each side)
- Three DAC® Featherlite NSL® Anodised Aluminium Poles, with press fit connections
- Supplied with 18 Lightweight Alloy Cross-Stakes, with two-spares
- Comes with a Repair Kit - repairs can be made on the move
- Flysheet: 118" (L) x 63" (W) x 41" (H)
- Inner Tent: 81" (L) x 53" (W) x 39" (H)
- Pack Weight: 5.73 lbs
- Trail Weight: 4.94 lbs
- Waterproof Stuff Sack: tent can be packed down to 17" x 7"